This past Monday, I finally got my chance to go back to the doctor and figure out where we stand with surgery.
I was worried I was going to go to this appointment and get an “I don’t know” type of answer and that would be it. I was afraid that I would walk out knowing even less than I did walking in. But luckily that wasn’t the case.
I found out that we had gotten most of the approvals and that in fact we only had one more approval to get before the company could finally start making the replacement.
I kind of figured they hadn’t been able to start making the replacement, but I won’t lie, I was hoping they had started.
Walking out of the office I did feel better about everything. They did give me answers. Even though they weren’t necessarily the answers I really wanted they were the ones I expected.
We are almost into August now, and they hope that I can have surgery by the end of the year, but I think it may be next year before I get to have surgery. I still hope to have it this year, but I’m just not sure it will happen.
I am trying to hold on to the hope that surgery will be this year and I can finally put this all in the past, but I fear it may carry over until next year.
This medical issue that I was hoping to conquer this year, may continue for one more year.